Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tadiran Coral III

Status
Not open for further replies.

coral57

Vendor
Apr 12, 2011
US
We have a private network using an older Coral III (MSX) as our Central Office Switch and 15 Coral II's at remote locations. They are not Qsig. They are connected via Microwave T-1's. Our parent company just donated to us their Coral III IPX (MEX) system. I would like to install this at one of the locations currently using a Coral II for two reasons. 1. we currently use EKT-321 desksets and i would like to switch to the DKT's. 2. I would like to have this as our backup CO switch in the event of a failure of the primary. The customer is also considering an IP POP in the network and I thought i could use the IPX Coral for this as well. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Just want to confirm a few things...

1. Existing Coral 3 is the only connection to the telco ie calls to users on a Coral 2 are received by the Coral 3 and routed to the relevant Coral 2??? Or does each site have telco connections?

2. Coral 3 IPx isn't a model. Name changes went as follows - CoralSL=FlexiCom200, Coral2=FlexiCom400, Coral3=Flexicom5000 (or Flexicom6000 for the hot swap model). These were wall mount or floor standing. The processors were MSX then MEX then MEX-IP then MEX-IP2 and could go in all cabinets. Then came the IPx cabinets - IPx500 (replaces FlexiCom200), IPx800 (replaces FlexiCom400), IPx3000 (replaces FlexiCom5000) and IPx4000 (replaces FlexiCom6000) and are all rack mount only. Do you just mean you have a Coral3/FlexiCom5000 with a MEX instead of the older MSX processor or do you have an IPx3000?

3. If the answer to Q1 is the the Coral3 is the only connection to the telco then I'm not sure how having a another Coral3 at another site would act as a backup.

Can you give me a better picture of how things are configured?

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back