Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie2

MIS
Sep 13, 2001
GB
How do i create tabs on the page so when you click on a button it zooms downa to a certain part of the page? then how do i do that with pop up menus. also how can i import html into fireworks?

I think your page is HTML, not completely done in FW? In the HTML, you can add name tags:

<a name=&quot;someChapter&quot;></a>

You don't have to have something between them.
You can then set the URL of the popup menu item to:

#someChapter

Hope this helps...
allow thyself to be the spark that lights the fire
haslo@haslo.ch - www.haslo.ch​

So uActually im doing most of it in FW then im exporting it all to DW so i cant link it all 2gether. So ure sayin that after ive compiled it to HTML ill open up the HTML file, go to the place where i want to zoom to enter that thing that u typed (p.s. could u give more detail on how to use it, ive never done HTML before). so say i called it zoombit. under FW or DW ill goto the pop up menu, where it says link to ill enter &quot;#zoombit&quot; am i right? thanks fore ure help.
:)

Yes, in DW you can even do it via the toolbar. I don't know how it's called in english - it's an anchor tag actually. The topleft element in the &quot;hidden elements&quot; toolbar.
It then asks you for a name, you can directly enter the word zoombit there.

Then you'd rather enter the #zoombit string in the object inspector - don't go to the popup, it'll tell you that this link is invalid. Select the image you want as link, then have a look at the object inspector. There, a &quot;hyperlink&quot; field exists - you can use that. Is way faster anyway...

And: You still needn't do any HTML :)

Hope this helps
allow thyself to be the spark that lights the fire
haslo@haslo.ch - www.haslo.ch​

Cheers, that really helped. Now my website will be complete.
It will be uploaded in the next 24 hours so check out
it might change, ill notify if it does. and e-mail wot u think. bearing inmind this is like my 1st real web page!
:) :) :)

p.s. if u get a blue page with an address on it then mine hasnt been uploaded yet. next 24 hours starting about 10:42 England time.

Status
Not open for further replies.