Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tabs not in synch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottshiv

MIS
Sep 13, 2002
US
My database has one table with lots of data elements. Instead of making one looooooooong data entry form, I created a subform for each data category. My main form now consists of 5 subforms one for each category. When I click on the tabs, page 1 is looking at one record and all of the other pages are looking at a different record.

The controls fields for the database are contractor and year which appear at the top of each subform. The user selects the record to modify or add on page one and proceeds through the rest of the tabs updating fields or adding data. The controls for the first page can be changed but the controls for all of the other pages are locked.

How do I link the subforms so that they are all looking at the same record?

If your main form is BOUND (meaning it has a recordsource which consists of one of your tables), and you have the record ID on it, then make the CHILD and MASTER LINKS properties of the subforms connect the ID field on the master form with the ID field in the child (sub) form.

OR

you can put in the query/recordsource of each subform the criteria something like

ID
[Forms]![Main]![RecordID]

where "RecordID" = the name of the control on the Main form that has the Record ID in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back