Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tabs in Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ub2010

MIS
Nov 30, 2010
US
Hi,

If I have a form, where a user selects a criteria from a drop down list --> click "View" button --> a new form opens up with various tabs.

Is there a way to manipulate these tabs to show just specific ones pertaining to the criteria selected?

Thank you, much appreciated!

How are ya Ub2010 ... and welcome to [blue]Tek-Tips[/blue]

With any tab control you can [blue]only view one tab at a time[/blue]. Also your talking about selecting criteria. Criteria is like a filter where you want to see a subset of the forms recordsource. Typically this combobox (not a dropdown list) is place in the header of a form and is used to filter the records.

What you ask is quite vague ... could go many ways. So give it more thought and give us a more specific post. An example of what you want would be great.

[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

You can set the Visible property of each of the tabs in Form.Open so that the user doesn't get distracted by the pages that aren't relevant. You can also use SetFocus to make sure that the tab control opens with the right page on top.

Geoff Franklin

Hey!
Thanks for your reply. I finally figured it out. So I basically used If, Else statement and Me.BoxName.visible = False/True to configure the tabs.

Thank you for taking the time out to reply. I really appreciate it.

akash2010 . . .

Are you the same person as [blue]Ub2010[/blue]?

See Ya! . . . . . .

Greetings.

I understood exactly what you wanted to do.

Unfortunately, I am not experienced enough with the Tab Control to give you a proper answer... just wanted to let you know that what you asked is understandable.

Hi UB2010,

Another method you might try is to create a query, for the tab info, that has selection based on the item selected in the list box.

When an item, in the list box is selected, just do a requery on the tab control, called from the after update property of the list box.

Hope This Helps,
Hap...

Access Developer [pc] Access based Accounting Solutions - with free source code
Access Consultants forum

I'm still look for an example from [blue]Ub2010[/blue] ...

See Ya! . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back