Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tabs in forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

etcrier

Programmer
Sep 20, 2006
US
I have several forms that I have on a menu. they all work perfect.
I thought I would try a new form with tabs that each tab had loaded as a subform the indiviual forms from the menu.
kind try a different look.

the form on page 1 has a subform in it.
i have a field in that sub form that is set to default to a field in the main subform of page 1.
If I execute the form under that tab it shows a "$name" error on this field but when I just run the form the field has the proper defaulted value

any ideas

thanks

do you mean that the $name appears only when you put the subform on the tab control but if its directly on the mainform it dosnt give you this

I will try my best to help others so will others do!!!!!
IGPCS
Brooklyn, NY

Yes - thats exactly right. I made an enmty form, added tabs then made a subform and insert my form. it all worked except for this one field. out side of the tab it works OK.

here is some background.

the main table of the form is a query "job query" with a field that points to a client table client code".
on that form is a subform of "loads" table" and it has a field that is the client code.

so we have lots of transactions called loads on a sub form with in a form using a query called job query. both have a key to show which client they belong to. it is this field on the loads table that gets the error '$name?. the only field from the clients table that is displayed is the company name.

none if these fields are unique keys except the one in the master client table.
so you have clients with lots of jobs and each job has lots of loads.

Interesting enogh is that the field in error is for a field that is in the query of the form itself.
I just put the client code into the loads table so i did not have ot get the client code form the job table on other programs..
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back