Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tabs in Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greendragon51

Technical User
Jul 29, 2002
US
First, let me thank JPeters... the help with the switchboard worked quite well. I design in one database and bring onto the one I am working on. Now... TABS, not the typsetting variety, but the book type, as in selections at the top or bottom of a page ( A la Excel) . Is ther such a facility in Access 2K ? Here is my goal, I yield to those of you who have more experience than I...
I have a primary database with items in it. The index is by a field named categories. The goal is an estimate producing (report, querry ???) by first selecting the category (tab) and then selecting an item from that category from a drop down menu. As soon as that is selected, the Item description and costs per each is filled in automatically and a window pops up asking "How many". Once a number is typed in the extensions are automatically filled in ( in a text box on the page... ) and you are back to the main page with the selection tabs and categories again. I intend to place buttons on this page that ask, "Add another Item" and "Finish Estimate"
Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks
Green Dragon Old Guy.

Describing where you want to go with the "Tab" is helpful and I think a combo box will fit your requirements.

1) You can play with its Special Effect properties to change the appearance.

2) Add the following to its OnEnter or OnClick event: Me.YourComboBoxName.Dropdown to get a dropdown response.

3) And then build in the other actions from the combo box's AfterUpDate event.

Cheers, bill

And to answer your question, YES, there is a TAB control that can be placed on a form, with user-definable pages, etc. etc.

However, its use is not for the faint-of-heart. You must be careful when placing objects that you place them on a tab PAGE rather than on the TAB control itself - when I first used a tab control, I had the devil of a time trying to figure out why this dam' combo box was showing up on EVERY PAGE of the control...

Controls placed on the tab control will appear on every PAGE of that control. So you have to make sure you select the PAGE component before you place an object.

Jim How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand...
Another free Access forum:
More Access stuff at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back