Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tablet Oracle 721 - Check is opened by Tabletxx - Override check owned by offline UWS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirko981

Programmer
Jul 28, 2011
PE
Hi to all,
We have a restaurant using tablets Micros 721. The table is opened and send the order to the kitchen(and the table is closed in the tablet), but when this table is opened in a Workstation I have the message Check is opened by Tabletxx - Override check owned by offline UWS?.
Micros says that i must reboot the tablet, but is frecuently this problem.

Anyone have a similar case?

Thanks
Mirko

The few times i have seen this happen was not related to a tablet but another workstation prompting the same error. The quick fix is just use a password with high enough privilege (property expert) That will free up the check. I believe the problem is related to poor network connectivity. i would run some latency tests between your server and the workstation and see if there are any dropped packets.

I have seen something like this before. It was due to a bad network drop, I have also seen this with a bad switch and a bad network cable. You need to look at the logs and see what workstation number this is coming from so you can isolate the location. If is happening in multiple locations swap the network switch and test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back