Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sfen66

Technical User
Mar 21, 2005
GB
Hi
I am using Draw X3 to make a brochure and I will need a number of data tables. Is there a way of doing this in CorelDraw, apart from drawing a box and manually adding vertical and horisxzontal lines?
Many Thanks!
Sfen

See my answer in th previous post to draw a grid similar to a spreadsheet BUT this is not a spreadsheet and you will have to place text objects in the right place ( not that quick if there is a lot to do). Corel Draw doesn't like imported spreadsheets very much and I've had all sorts of hassles in the past, I've just been working on a brochure today with a spreadsheet in it, another added problem is that my printers cant accept a Corel draw file with an imported xls in it, to get the table in I used a printer image program to output my xls to a .jpg and then imported it straight into CorelDraw without any trouble. Worked a treat for me, hope it helps you too. Cant remember the printer image program name, I think it had Zan in the name, just google for 'excel to image converter', the one I got was a free 30 day download and worked great.

Draw cannot do tables, but my first choice would be to set these in something else ie Excel/Serif PagePlus 11 and create a pdf via Jaws/Acrobat or any other method then import that, everything will remain vector and smaller files. Actually using the transform docker and repeating lines or the new step and repeat docker you can knock up a table fairly quickly.
Alan D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back