Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tables within a table

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomizer

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2008
US
Hi, Just working on a few databases in Access 2000 and ive run into a problem, I need to somehow create a seperate table field for every record in the database, Yet im rather stuck on how to create a field that contains a seperate set of data for each record(creating a seperate table for every record is not a good solution since there will be new records being put in all the time)

Thanks

What I was trying to do was create a history field that was organised into further fields, since it had to be able to store unlimited amount of data, which tables can do that, text fields are 255 max and arent organised.

I managed to get my original idea working though, by simply using another table with an ID linked to the main table and then a subform control put on the form.

Im fairly new at Acess which is why I didnt know this simple method :p

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back