Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tables With

Status
Not open for further replies.

sturner333

Programmer
Jan 19, 2004
US
I have inherited a database and ran across something I have not seen. I am sure it is a relationship with another table or query. Next to the left most column is the '+' sign that expand to records. Can someone give me brief explanation of these and how they are implemented and can they be removed if necessary?
Thanks!

The Plus marks indicate that the datasheet has related tables. As you have found, clicking the plus sign field expands a new datasheet or subdatasheet of related records in another table. In order to remove this, I believe you'd have to remove the relationship.

Hope this helps.
jsisley

Depending on the Access version, see Insert - Subdatasheet.

Open the table in DESIGN MODE and VIEW PROPERTIES. Next to the Subdatasheet Property, choose

[NONE]

I do this for all tables, I never use subdatasheets. It causes slower processing and I've never found it necessary.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244. Basics at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back