Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tables: Is there a way around the text wrap feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TysonWhitney

Technical User
May 27, 2004
US
I work on a document linked to about 60 Excel spreadsheets with financial data. In order to show Account hierarchies, several spreadsheets have the highest account level in column A, the second level in column B and the third level in column C. Columns B and C are very narrow in Excel, thus visually providing indentation. The text in Excel is allowed to overflow into the ajoining columns because the adjacent cells ahve no content.

When I import into ID (CS2), the table cells do not appear to allow for text overflow across the cell(s) to the right. I know that I can visually compensate for this by merging cells, but this affects future updates to the links. Is there any way to allow for this in ID?

Thanks for any help or insight you might provide.

Thanks for your response; I was afraid of that. I have Woodwing SmartStyles. My plan to add a worksheet to each workbook in excel to meet my formatting needs. It's too late for this round, but I wil do it for the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back