Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tables in WP9

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh707

Technical User
Jun 1, 2002
US
I used WP about 100 years ago ending with version 5. then through no fault of my own had to go with MSWord (because of work). Now I am back using WP9. I have been asked to redo a form which basically is meaning starting from scratch. It is a form that will be used over and over and over but with different information each and every time.

I have set it up using a table and I'm wondering now a couple of things. Is there any better way to do this? It has to be in WP and not any of the other products. Second is there any way that I can lock or protect it so that it can still be filled out but none of the formatting changes no matter what anyone does? Many thanks in advance...

Given the date of your post, I'm sure you've already found a solution, but just in case, here it is.
Create your document and save.
Open the folder where the document is located.
Right click on the file name.
Click on PROPERTIES.
Under ATTRIBUTES, click on READ ONLY, then OK.
This will allow other users to open the document, but will prevent them from making changes to it. They simply add their own information and save the doucment under a new name. Hope this helps.

Well I had not thought of that. That does seem the most logical way of doing this. Many thanks...KH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back