Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tables going crazy - keeping them under control

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpcooling

Technical User
Sep 8, 2006
GB
Okay so ive set up this page if you 'select all' you can see that the images on the left hand side have spread out(due to the news php embedded on the right side extending the height of the page). Why is this?
I have set all the widths and heights of the tables. I have aligned all of them top left.
Any ideas?

Before spending any time looking at any layout problem you should fix the validation errors. See:

Okay thanks, I'll look into that.
Any specific info regarding my initial question would be nice. It's actually a problem I've had with Dreamweaver since 1999 and never found an answer.

That was specific info regarding your initial question! If it doesn't validate then browsers will be running in quirks mode and the results will be difficult to predict. Start with standards compliance and lots of 'problems' will vanish. Those that remain are much easier to see, and generally come from non-compliant browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back