Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tables & Relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucey54

Technical User
Jan 7, 2013
GB
Hi folks,

Please could someone help me understand the following?

Why is it when I click on the TblCarerdetails and try to open a record with the plus sign, I am present with the following error message

“Enter Parameter value CarerFKID”
The Form CarerRota seems to be working ok and the relationships seem to be ok i.e.

Carers can have many rotas i.e. a different Rota each week (1 - M)

Clients can have different Rotas/Carers each week (1 - M)

Any help or feedback would be much appreciated

I am hoping to understand why the tables are not linking correctly, or is this the outcome when you include a ‘Association Table’.

My understanding is, if I open the Rota details table and click on the plus sign, I should see the client’s details.

Therefore I am assuming that my relationships are not correct,

Tom

Happy New Year

Ps I will be using forms to input data, I’m just trying to get a better understanding of what is going on with the tables...

Yes you are correct there is likely a problem in how you defined the relationship. The term is "subdata sheeet". If you have established relationships then the sub data sheet happens automatically. If your relation is incorrect this could be incorrect.

So check you relationship and see how TblCarerDetails relates to the other tables.
What is the primary key of TblCareDetails, and what are the foreign keys in other tables that it relates to.

You can also define the subdatasheet manually if it does not fix itself once the relationship is fixed. Go to design view of your table. Right click within your table and select "properties". You can then define the subdatasheet using the following properties

subdatasheet Name:
Link Child Fields:
Link Master Fields:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back