Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TABLE WONT COMPACT / RECORD DELETED

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACETS

Technical User
Sep 17, 2003
US
I have a single table that opens and seems fine but locks up during "compact and repair". When I try and import it into an other database it says "Record Deleted" and doesn't finish.

Whenever I come across the RECORD DELETED message, I just close down the MDB and reopen it. Viola...it's gone. HTH.

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Unfortunately not in this case but thanks anyway Jim

Transfer the data into a new table row by row using an append query.

I have had the same problem when attempting to import a table.

It could be that there is a #Error in a field(s) in the table. I do not know how these arise but you can see them in the Datasheet view of the table.

I had two data fields with #Error in them, in a file of 12,000 records. When these two records were deleted the table imported without a problem.
A Make-Table query also fails on #Error fields so I was able to narrow down where these fields were by running the query on half the file and then a half of the error part and so on.
Hope this helps.

Mike.

I have narrowed the problem down to 1 field in 1 table
(a memo field). Now that I know this what can be done? I dont see anything wrong here........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back