Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table with non-scrolling field

Status
Not open for further replies.

LWB2005

Technical User
Jan 26, 2005
US
I have a tableframe on a form that has many columns in it. I can scroll to see all the columns, but I would like the first column to stay in view and the other columns to scroll. This would be like locking a column in Excel.

I don't know of any way to do this in Paradox. I tried using two copies of the same table, but I don't know how to sync them together so scrolling in one table will result in scrolling in the other table, and the same record will be selected.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Lynn

No one has an answer? Or any advice?

After some searching I found the following on the web, but I haven't been able to get it to work right. But it is obvious that I haven't been the first to want to do this. I can't figure out what eventInfo.id is associated with the action of grabbing the slider on the scroll bar and moving it.

______

Often, people ask how to make a tableFrame behave like a tableView, in that you can freeze some columns at the left of .a TV Arrange your two table frames beside each other so they look like one (cosmetics !). Call the frozen one "tfStatic and the other one tfDynamic. Enclose them in a box, and declare two uiObjects in the Var of the box - uiStaticTF and uiDynamicTF. In the open() of the box, attach the uiObjects to their tableFrames. In the action() of each of the tableFrames place code that traps all the necessary actions (DataBegin, DataEnd, DataFastForward, DataNextRecord, .....), does a doDefault, and applies the same action to the other uiObject. This is for tfDynamic :
if eventInfo.id() = DataBegin or
eventInfo.id() = DataEnd or .....
then
doDefault
uiStaticTF.postAction(eventInfo.id())
endif

This should keep things in sync.
_____

I have tried implementing the above, with DataBegin, DataEnd, DataFastForward, DataFastBackward, DataNextRecord, DataPriorRecord, DataNextSet, DataPriorSet, MoveScrollDown and MoveScrollUp. It seems to be handling most everything except for the manual movement of the slider on the vertical scroll bar. I have added more of the Move commands, but that just seems to result in doubling up on some of the actions.

The description in the brief article quoted above does leave a lot out. Direct implementation resulted in an endless loop! I have that stopped, but I can't figure out the scroll bar. Clicking above or below the slider works correctly, as does the mouse scroll wheel.

I'm missing something. Can anyone help?

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back