Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table repair with ObjectPal code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojster

Programmer
Sep 26, 2001
SI
I know how to Table repair with menus, but I want to know how to Table repair with ObjectPal code!

Mojster,

It can be done, but it's not documented very well. What little documentation there is can be found on Corel's FTP site. After connecting to it, go to /pub/Paradox/PdoxWun/unindexed and then download tu5api.zip, which contains a .DOC file and and .RTF that contains some sample ObjectPAL code for rebuilding Paradox tables.

The information itself was based on the Paradox 5.0 version of TUTILITY, but I expect you could get it to work using a more recent version with minimal effort.

Alternatively, you can also take a look at ChimneySweep (see They have a 30-day trial version available online for $36.00, so you can give it a spin before commiting to the full product.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

I don't use this myself but, if you feel like playing around with it the form tutil32.fdl is what the menu calls.
So to rebuild the answer.db with minimal user interface:

var
f form
endvar
f.open("c:\\program files\\borland\\paradox\\tutil32.fdl", winstylehidden)
f.fldTable = ":priv:answer.db"
f.btnBrowse.moveto() ;to make rebuild button visible
f.btnrebuild.pushbutton()
f.close()

The user messages of the form are stored in tables in the :priv: directory beginning with "__tu" and the user only sees "table rebuilt" message.

Warning: I just successfully tried this but I think it might be quite dangerous if you had a really screwed up table and an inexperienced user.
HTH,
Richie
ps. to get the object names from the delivered rebuild form, use:
f.enumobjectnames(arObjects)
arObjects.view()

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back