Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table population from SQL database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2004
GB
Hi,

I'm building a website for someone and they would like table that can be populated by a specific visitors request.

My initial thoughs were that I'd be able to build a database in SQL to store the table data and then submit queries dependant on what the visitor wants to see - like they select from a menu or something. This would then populate the table with the relevant retrieved data.

Does anyone know of any demonstrations of stuff like where I can see it in action?

Thanks in advance,
Ant

You will need some serverside code for this. Read faq222-2244 for guidance on forum selection (and general forum usage), then ask the question again in the appropriate forum.
That may be forum434 or forum333 or forum855

Steam Engine Prints

Agreed, You'll need to code this server-side. and the selection can be a simple query, that returns the adequate results.

But yeah you should ask this in the forum for the server side language you have access to and your web server supports.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Ok thanks. Didn't realise it was Server Side code. I'll head over there and re post.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back