Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

table population from combo box form

Status
Not open for further replies.

zestril5

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
US
I have 2 tables One is “Item master list” which contains Vname, Item no and description.
The other table is “Item Purchases” and the fields are Vname, Item no, description, date, qty and price.

I created a form using all the fields in “Item Purchases” except the item no. For this I created a combo box sourced from the “Item master list” using all three fields. The user is to choose from the drop down the unique item no. then the Vname and description are filled in using control source [combo21].column(2) and [combo21].column(3) respectively.

So far all works well, but the “Item Purchases” table does not receive the Vname or description values from the form, only the item no.

Obviously I’m not using the right technique here. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Hi,

I think it's better to do this way,
create to text box for vname and description and make their control source as the fields name in Item Purchases.
then put these expression [combo21].column(2) & [combo21].column(3) in each text box as default value.
should work.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back