Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

table outline

Status
Not open for further replies.

stvchez123

Programmer
Apr 18, 2002
US
I'm trying to get just a solid border. I have inserted some table style, which look fine in Ie, but not in firefox. is there something which would as needed on all?

<table height="90" width="250" style="border-collapse: collapse; border-style: solid; border-width: 1; padding-left: 4; padding-right: 4; padding-top: 1; padding-bottom: 1" bordercolor="#101010" cellpadding="2"><tr><td valign="top">
<tr><td> .......

In CSS, which your style information is, you need to specify units next to each numberic value. Border width is 1. 1 what? 1em? 1px? 1%? 1cm? If you don't tell, it is up to the discretion of the browser to choose which. I guess IE chooses what you thought and FF chooses something else.

Why not replace this:

Code:
<table height="90" width="250" style="border-collapse: collapse; border-style: solid; border-width: 1; padding-left: 4; padding-right: 4; padding-top: 1; padding-bottom: 1" bordercolor="#101010" cellpadding="2">

with this:

Code:
<table height="90" width="250" style="border-collapse:collapse; border:1px solid #101010; padding:1px 4px;" cellpadding="2">

Hoe this helps,
Dan

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back