Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table-only layout publish error

Status
Not open for further replies.

simotek

Programmer
Sep 3, 2009
Hi all,
i'm tryng to publish data in table-only layout mode:

- i select a cube and a dimension
- i select an e-list item to publish
- i create and configure a new contributor publish datastore
- i add the job for relative application in the list of the monitored applications

Then, when i click on publish button , the reporting_publish job starts and ends successfully.
But if i try to start the publish job the second time, it ends with this error:

Process ID / Thread ID: xxx
Source: ...
Error Number: 440
Line Number: 220
Description: Unable to get Job Item

The Job management step failed. An attempt has been made to mark the 'REPORTING_PUBLISH' Job as CANCELLED. Please rectify the problem and re-create a similar Job.
The call to 'JobBegin' on 'ReportingPublish_%v.Implementation' was not successful.
Unable to execute statement. 1031 ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

The SQL was:
DROP INDEX table_x.index_y

I think it is a problem due to item permission (i use an oracle db), but i dont't known where this type of permission must be configured

Thanx in advance
Simone

A DBA will normally only allow a read-only account for BI purposes. Dropping indices is not within that realm. You probably will need to be the table owner to be able to use DROP. Consult your DBA for this..

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back