Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table of Contents for PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

rry2k

Programmer
Jun 28, 2001
US
Hi,

We have started creating PDF files out of an Access database that contains reports that we sent to clients. We then email the PDFs to the clients. It would be great to have a table of contents in the PDF that you can click on and jump right to the page you are interested in. Any thoughts on this or on automating the creation of PDFs so I can do it in VB code or a macro?

Thanks..Russ

Russ,
What you are talking about is possible. It is rather involved. Your idea of a table of contents is Ok, but I found that making BookMarks on the fly was a slicker solution than a Table of contents. You'll need to manipulate the Post Script code in your .ps files. Check out Pdfmarkex.ps and Rundirex.txt located (in ver. 3.o) in c:\acrobat3\Distillr\Xtras or somewhere similar.
I have some code I could email to you that was for a project I was emvolved in.
mscraig@northropgrumman.com

I would appreciate the email. My address is
rregner@salemsupport.com

Thanks..Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back