Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

table not reaching right edge in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasJSmart

Programmer
Sep 16, 2002
my table isnt reaching the right edge of the page in Internet Explorer. (it works fine in Netscape),

iv got a framesetting with the content page set to scrolling="auto"

in the content page i have a table set to 100% width, however its not reaching the right edge of the page, there seems to be an empty space next to the table the width of a scrollbar.

iv got
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;

in my stylesheet.

thank you.

I learned a bit yesterday, today i learned a lot, imagine what i'll learn tomorrow!

We would probably have to see your page and css to find the problem with this.

the framesetting

Code:
<frameset rows=&quot;50,*&quot; framespacing=&quot;0&quot; frameborder=&quot;no&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;>
   <frame src=&quot;menu.html&quot; name=&quot;mihmenu&quot; frameborder=&quot;no&quot; scrolling=&quot;no&quot; noresize id=&quot;mihmenu&quot;>
   <frameset cols=&quot;*,*&quot; framespacing=&quot;0&quot; frameborder=&quot;no&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;>
      <frame src=&quot;infol.html&quot; name=&quot;mihleft&quot; frameborder=&quot;no&quot; noresize id=&quot;mihleft&quot;>
      <frame src=&quot;infor.html&quot; name=&quot;mihright&quot; frameborder=&quot;no&quot; noresize id=&quot;mihright&quot;>
   </frameset>
</frameset>

StyleSheet

Code:
body.right {
	background-color: #000E6A;
}
body.left {
	background-color: #FFFFFF;
}

Table

Code:
<table width=&quot;100%&quot; height=&quot;100%&quot; border=&quot;1&quot; cellpadding=&quot;3&quot; cellspacing=&quot;0&quot;>
   <tr>
      <td align=&quot;left&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot; class=&quot;left&quot;></td>
   </tr>
</table>

I learned a bit yesterday, today i learned a lot, imagine what i'll learn tomorrow!

Going back on what I said earler, if you modify your frameset to read:

Code:
<frameset cols=&quot;*,*&quot; framespacing=&quot;0&quot; frameborder=&quot;no&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;>
  <frame src=&quot;left.html&quot; name=&quot;mihleft&quot; frameborder=&quot;no&quot; scrolling=&quot;no&quot; noresize id=&quot;mihleft&quot;>
  <frame src=&quot;right.html&quot; name=&quot;mihright&quot; frameborder=&quot;no&quot; scrolling=&quot;no&quot; noresize id=&quot;mihright&quot;>
</frameset>

i.e. adding the
Code:
scrolling=&quot;no&quot;
attribute, then the space will go.

Hope this helps,
Dan

but then my scrollbars don't work...... :)

i need them to work, but only when the page requires it

thanks

I am running into the same problem. It looks like a bug in IE. The only solution I've found it to set scrolling=&quot;yes&quot;. You'll still get the ugly scroll bar at the right even when it's not needed, but at least your page elements will be displayed correctly. If anyone has found a better solution, I'd love to hear it, as I'm running into the same problem.

Tom

Has anyone found the solution to this bug in IE? I'm having the same problem with the reserved space on web pages that don't require a scroll bar.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back