Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table not found error (even though its present)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haloman

Technical User
Mar 5, 2008
US
Hi all

I am working on a crystal report which has one user input (dynamic drop down) and based on the user input, the output table varies. The problem is that Crystal report gives the following error message when I try to add the drop down box.

Error Message: Prompting failed with the following error message: "List of Values failure: fail to get values [Cause of the error: Table User1.flexibility_info could not be found. Error in File UNKNOWN.RPT: The table could not be found.] "

Error source: prompt.dll Error code:0x8004380D

The report is based on two tables and both the tables have grant permission to select from them. I'm trying to populate the dropdown from one of the tables. Not sure what is causing this problem. Has anyone faced this problem before and know how to come over it? Any pointers would be greatly helpful.

Thanks
HM

Have you tried Database > Verify Database

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. If it is a database problem, it's best also to give your database type.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Thanks Madawc for your reply. I am using Crystal 11 and the database version is Oracle 9i. The strange part about this error is when I add tables to the report in the database expert, it is showing up this table. I add a formula based on the table columns and it does not give any error. But when I add a parameter with a dynamic list of values from this database table, it gives the error above :-(. Not sure if its a database connectivity problem as the tables do show up in the database expert.

Any pointers to this problem would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Haloman

Sorry, nothing I recognise. Can anyone else help?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back