Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table name f_58E353365D1F420E91DF0D95DECDD042_Data appears when looping through TDF's

Status
Not open for further replies.

glgcag1991

Programmer
Oct 15, 2007
US
I'm looping through TDFs as a part of an object inventory I run on my database and I keep getting a table called f_58E353365D1F420E91DF0D95DECDD042_Data. It is a local table, yet when I set the navigation options to show hidden tables and system tables, I still can't see it. Does anyone know why I am getting this table?

A couple of details that might effect this: I have SQL Server linked tables that I unlink on database close and relink on open. I also have a few local tables for housekeeping.

I appreciate the help!

We don't know what we don't know.

This could be a run-time, dynamic, temporary table used by the system (for all we know).

Is it causing problems?

If so - exclude using a wildcard like " <> 'f_*_Data'"
If not - forget it (or contact Microsoft).

ATB,

Darrylle

Thanks for the reply Darrylles, I discovered that they are system created tables and that's about it. I didn't go too deep (or call Microsoft) since they just seem to appear in every Access db I create (eventually). Since they all start with "f_" and end with "_data", I just created a function that grabs the left and right of the MSysObjects table name and if = "f__data" ignore the table. Very similar to what you described above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back