Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table List box used as query / report selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisaharris

Programmer
Feb 12, 2007
US
I have a table with a list box for departments to be used in a query, which in turn is bound to a complex report. It works fine with a single selection but I need the users to be able to select more than one department. How can I make this happen?

Are you using a multi-value field in your table? Or, are you referring to an unbound multi-select list box on a form that you want to use to allow a user to select multiple departments to include in the report?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Right now, the Departments table is just a simple table with the 11 departments. I created a table called ReportDepartment, which uses the Departments table as a row source -- tried using List box and Combo Box. I need the user to be able to select either one or multiple departments to generate the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back