Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table frame does not show 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficeAnimal

Technical User
Jun 4, 2009
AU
I have

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"
and have the code

<table
frame="border"
border="2"
cellspacing="16"
cellpadding="6"
summary="something"> ... </table>

but the frame does not show in IE8. (It doesn't show in Firefox 3.5.6 or Opera 10.60 or Safari 5.0.1 either.)

What am I missing?

"Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster is a maniac?."
George Carlin

Is this everything that's on the page? Your code, as is, works for me. Do note that due to large cellspacing, border looks a bit different than what one would normally expect. If you have any CSS that removes borders from the tables by default, that CSS will override the border specification of the table.

The fact that it doesn't work on any of the modern browsers, suggests that your code is correct in not showing the border.

[small]Do something about world cancer today: Comprehensive cancer control information at PACT[/small]

That was it. There was a line in my CSS which eliminated borders.

"Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster is a maniac?."
George Carlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back