Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table differences in IE and FireFox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucklez

Programmer
Jul 25, 2002
US
I am writing a routine in php that takes info entered into a text box by a user, explode() it, then place it into certain textboxes by using java (or so is the plan right now). Problem I am encountering, is that when a user copies the table info from IE, it is return delimeted, wherebye firefox, it is not. I need some help in order to make this thing compatible for both engines.

here is a sample of the data from IE:
Code:
John Doe \n
Address 1919 Mockingbird Lane City Anytown \n
State Anystate Country Anycountry \n
ZipCode 99999 Member Number 000001 \n

And here is this same code from FireFox:
Code:
John Doe Address 1919 Mockingbird Lane City Anytown State Anystate Country Anycountry ZipCode 99999 Member Number 000001 \n

I know this because I copied it to Word, and that is how the info is displayed. If I only had to worry about IE, I would do a 'explode("\n",$REPORT)', but im not sure how to handle it with firefox.

On a side not, is it plausible that once I have this info exploded into an array, I then use Java to populate the appropriate text boxes?

Thanx in Advance.

It's Javascript - not Java. There is a huge difference. You may find that this can be solved by changing the textarea to use the (non standard) attribute WRAP. There are two values you can try: SOFT or HARD

Code:
<textarea wrap="hard">Some text</textarea>

Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Page @ Code Couch
[/tt]

What is Javascript? FAQ216-6094

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back