Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table column keeps appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunners

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
GB
Currently i have information being selected from an Oracle database and displayed to an HTML page with JavaScript presentation techniques. The code is like so....

<TABLE BORDER=&quot;0&quot; WIDTH=&quot;100%&quot; CELLPADDING=&quot;0&quot; CELLSPACING=&quot;0&quot; class=&quot;RegionNoBorder&quot;>
<TR><TD class=&quot;RegionHeaderColor&quot; WIDTH=&quot;100%&quot;><html>
<head>
<title>Untitled</title>
</head>
<body>
<form id=&quot;hiddenOracleForm&quot;>
<TABLE border=&quot;0&quot; cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0>
<TR>
<TH ALIGN=&quot;RIGHT&quot; style=&quot;background-color:#C0C0A0&quot;> </TH>
</TR>
<TR style=&quot;background-color: #E0E0D0&quot;>
<TD ALIGN=&quot;RIGHT&quot; valign=&quot;TOP&quot; WIDTH=&quot;0&quot;><input type = &quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;recordset1&quot; value=&quot;information from the portal database&quot;> </TD>
</TR>

</TABLE>
<TR>
<TH ALIGN=&quot;LEFT&quot; style=&quot;background-color:#C0C0A0&quot;> </TH>
</TR>
<TD ALIGN=&quot;LEFT&quot; valign=&quot;TOP&quot; WIDTH=&quot;0&quot;><input type = &quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;recordset2&quot; value=&quot;line 2 from the portal database&quot;> </TD>
</TR>

</TABLE>
<TR>
<TH ALIGN=&quot;LEFT&quot; style=&quot;background-color:#C0C0A0&quot;> </TH>
</TR>
<TD ALIGN=&quot;LEFT&quot; valign=&quot;TOP&quot; WIDTH=&quot;0&quot;><input type = &quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;recordset3&quot; value=&quot;matthew lines 3&quot;> </TD>
</TR>

</TABLE>
</form>
<!-- START OF SCRIPT -->
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>4 Line Scroller</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=&quot;FFFFFF&quot; TEXT=&quot;000000&quot; LINK=&quot;0000FF&quot; VLINK=&quot;800080&quot; ALINK=&quot;FF0000&quot;>
<head>
<script language=&quot;JavaScript&quot;>
<!-- begin
var max=0;
function textlist()
{
max=textlist.arguments.length;
for (i=0; i<max; i++)
this=textlist.arguments;
}
var rs1 = document.forms['hiddenOracleForm'].recordset1.value;
var rs2 = document.forms['hiddenOracleForm'].recordset2.value;
var rs3 = document.forms['hiddenOracleForm'].recordset3.value;
tl=new textlist
(
rs1,rs2,rs3
);
var x=0; pos=0;
var l=tl[0].length;
function textticker()
{
document.tickform.tickfield.value=tl[x].substring(0,pos)+&quot;_&quot;;
if(pos++==l) { pos=0; setTimeout(&quot;textticker()&quot;,1000); x++;
if(x==max) x=0; l=tl[x].length; } else
setTimeout(&quot;textticker()&quot;,50);
}
// end -->
</script>
<head>
<body onLoad=&quot;textticker()&quot; >
<center>
<form name=&quot;tickform&quot;><input type=text name=&quot;tickfield&quot; size=40></form>
</BODY>
</HTML>

In order to get the information from the database, i have to selected the data from a form called 'hiddenOracleForm', and a number of hidden elements. The information within this form is created dynamically and i have very little control over it.

If you cut and paste the code into a browser, you will see that i have tree blocks at the top of the page. This is because the data is outputted in the form of three tables, the elements are hidden, but the overall tables are not!

I have to wrap these three tables in this form, in order to populate the scolling text thing. Is there anyway of getting rid of these blocks at the top of the page, remembering i cannot mess with any of the elements within the hiddenOracleForm????

Thanks, Nunners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back