Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table at bottom of every page

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmryan

Programmer
Dec 22, 2000
US
I put a logo and links at the bottom of the front page of our company site. It was a hit, now they want it at the bottom of every page. It's all contained within a <table></table> definition. Is there a way I can assign it to the bottom of every page without physically putting it on every page - maybe with css?

Thanks
Tim Ryan Tim Ryan
PROGRESS Developer

even if you were to design css code of the table layout, you would still be faced with the same situation of needing to include the implementation of the css on each page.

one solution would be to use a frameset with the company logo stuff in one frame and the rest of the page in another frame. the disadvantage (or advantage, depending on how you look at it) is that the logo will always be visible and fixed while the rest of the page scrolls by.

another solution would be to create a javascript function that writes out the logo code on the bottom of each page. the advantage here is that if you ever need to change the logo or links, you can make the change in just one place. the disadvantage is that, from the browser stats i've seen, around 10% of your visitors won't have javascript enabled and will miss out on the logo and links.

glenn

I agree with gacaccia. The only other way is if you are using Cold fusion on your site it has a cfinclude tag that allow you to do exactly what you are trying to do. Would imagine ASP would have the same thing. Standard HTML does not.
The only dumb questions are the ones that are never asked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back