Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

table and type problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnniec

Technical User
Oct 2, 2008
GB

indesign CS5 mac I insert a table set font size to 14 then type. Go to the next row/column start to type and font reverts to 24pt
and the swatch/stroke changes and reverts from the solid to the ourline. This has been driving me nuts trying to find how to set so to be able to type without these changes happening automatically.

Select the whole table, define the font size to 14pt, do the same for the strokes.

carlow

there is a very simple way to change the default type, or for that matter any other default setting, such as colours stroke etc etc.
Open up indesign and make sure you have no open documents. If you are given the option of selecting a document, close the selection window.
Even without an open document you can still change any settings including typefaces, and these then become the default.
When you open up a new document any settings you changed whilst having NO DOCUMENT OPEN will of set as the default in your new document :)

Thank you for taking the trouble & pointing me in the right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back