Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Table & Relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nene75

Programmer
Feb 27, 2003
US
Hi everyone:

I am building a Resume Database in Access 2000. I have about 7 tables linked together. I have a one main table called tblApplicantBioData. This table is linked with tblApplicantEducationInfo, tblWorkExperience, tblLocationPreference, tblEEOInfo, tblResumeHistory, and tblJobBank.

What I need is when Applicant have applied for certain job I need the position number to be entered to the tblResumeHistory table. Table tblJobBank contains JobID (Primary Key), PositionNumber, Title, Description, JobPostingDate, JobClosingDate, and ApplicantID (foreign Key) fields. What I need is when Appliacant have applied to certain job how do I make connection/relationship to both tables (tblResumeHistory with tblJobBank). HR will be entereing position number in the tblResumeHistory table manually - which should make connection to the tblJobBank table.

Can anyone help please how should I accomplish this?
Thanks in advance!

Nene75,

How about using the AfterUpdate event on the form that is used for modifying the tblResumeHistory to insert the appropriate entries into the tblJobBank table.

John

John,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I am not quite sure how to write AfterUpdate code to insert the field data to the tblJobBank. Actually, tblJobDataBank would already have all the data but what I need is when the position number is entered for the Applicant I need that somehow linked to the tblJobBank with tblResumeHistory. To see who applied for a particular job. I don't know how exactly to explain this - is there a way to put the screen shot in .jpg format where you could see the relationships of the tables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back