Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tabbing to RadioButton

Status
Not open for further replies.

djj55

Programmer
Feb 6, 2006
US
Hello, I have four radio buttons on my windows form. VB.Net 2003. I have set the tab stop to true and have set my tab index so it goes from 1 to 4 with 0 being a button for exit.
My problem is that when I press tab the first radio button will get the focus but when I press tab again it jumps to the exit button and only jumps between the two never going to the other radio buttons.
What do I do to get the tab key to go to the other radio buttons?
Thanks
djjj

When your radio button has the focus, use the arrow keys to cycle through the buttons. If you want to tab directly into the other radio buttons, create a group box for each radio button.

Thank you for the information. Teaching the user to use the arrow keys is not an option as the program will only be used occasionally by personnel not always computer savvy.

I will try the group box idea and see if it will work with my application.

Thanks again,
djj

trust me, computer illiterates only ever use their mice.

"intuitive" means "works like everything else."

if your radio buttons (or anything else) work differently from all the other ones a user has ever met you really will confuse and irritate them.

accept that this is just how radio buttons work, and waste no more time on tring to reinvent the wheel.

mr s. <;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back