Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tabbing thru Forms in Specific Sequence 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pk203

Technical User
Sep 17, 2001
US
I have a WORD form created to complete on-line. The tabbing sequence for the entire form (consisting of text form fields and checkbox form fields) is not efficient. Is there any way to designate perferred sequence of fields? Thanks PamK

Hi,

i am not an expert in VBA for MS Word. however, i tried a search in the Help and found out that you could set the order either by the dialog box or by the TabIndex Property.

Below is how to do it via the Tab Order Dialog Box.

Set the tab order using the Tab Order dialog box

Make sure no controls are selected.

Right-click in the form, but not on a control.

From the shortcut menu, choose Tab Order.

Select the name of a control you want to reposition in the tab order.

Choose Move Up or Move Down until the control name is in the appropriate position in the tab order.

Hope this helps

Adnane

Micorosft North Africa

I am using Word 2000 and I don't see any "Tab Order" on the shortcut menu when I right click on the form background, or on a control, or on some text on the form that is not a control. No matter where I click on the form I can't see any option for "Tab Order" or anything else like that. I can't find Tab Order or Tab Index in the help files, and can't find a setting for tab sequence, tab order, or tab index on the properties for any control?

Can you direct me to the right place?

Thanks

That link is EXACTLY what I needed! I hadn't thought of using a userform in MS Word... It'd be soooo much easier if we could just set tab order, but alas - this will have to suffice... Thanks! and have a star for the perfect answer!

Bob

Bob,
I share your sentiments. Glad the information was what you needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back