Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tabbing from last field in subform to take to next field in form

Status
Not open for further replies.

princeshri

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2001
GB
Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get the cursor to jump to the next field in the form from the last field in the subform.

Form
Field1
Field2
SubForm
Field1
Field2
Field3
Field4

How can I get the tab from Subform.Field2 take me to form.Field3 instead of to subform.field1

Thanks for your time,

Shri

Is there a more generic solution since this subform could be in multiple forms and this article doesnt cover that

Thanks

Shri

Well, that's a problem because the only way that would make sense to do it is by defining from within the subform where the focus should be passed to next.......

Thanks - I suppose the name of the next control could be passed into the subform (a hidden control) and then I could do something like

Parent.Controls(nextFocusControlName).SetFocus

Haven't tried this yet and might need some tweaking.

Thanks for your help,

Shri

cosmokramer-

the link does not work! anyway you can up date that link?

princeshri-

i am trying to solve the same problem. have you had any luck?

thanks...

wally fitzgerald
wmf@u.washington.edu

the link doesnt work cos it doesn't encompass the whole address, just copy and paste the whole thing; including the q154893 part.

Yeah it works for me. If you are going to include the subform in just one form, then just follow what the article says.

If however, you need to include it in more than one form, let me know and I'll fill in the details for doing that,

Shri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back