Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tabbed Site Navigation Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

corbitt

MIS
Feb 22, 2002
US
I'm in the process of redesigning our intranet site, and I would like to integrate a tabbed interface. I found a Macromedia Fireworks tutorial covering tab (button) creation, but I don't know how to place the tabbed menu on the page(s). How does the page display below the tabbed menu when a particular tab is clicked? Does the menu reside in a frame? Does a copy of the tabbed menu reside on each page? I'm using for inspiration.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Tabs are just ordinary graphical links. Click on one, and it loads a new page. This new page has the same graphic links in the same position, although usually the 'active' tab is replaced with a graphic that makes it appear selected. It can also be done with frames, but then you need some sort of logic to change the selected tab which often negates the need for using frames at all.

Thanks for the tip. I guess I was trivializing the issue.

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back