Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tabbed form information

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiley0q0

Technical User
Feb 27, 2001
US
I have a tabbed form with 3 tabs. the question i have is there a way to have some text just to the right of my 3 tabs that says a breif description of that specific tab?

ie.
my three tab names are
ANI
Carrier
Order

When i seleect the ANI tab, i would like
"ANI BRANCH INFORMATION"
to appear to the right of my last tab.
If i select the Carrier tab, i would like
"ANI CARRIER INFORMATION"
If i select the Order tab, i would like
"ANI ORDER INFORMATION"

is this possible? if i put a label to the right, it just puts it on my form behind my tab... so i can't see it...

thanks for your help...

Smiley

Try selecting the page in design mode, goto Other and in the ControlTip Text put the information that you want in there for each tab. Then when you mouse over the tab, that information will come up

If I take a peek in your Windows, to fix a problem, does that make me a "Peeping Tom"? Hmmmmmmmmmmv [pc1][shocked]

i'd really like them to see it all the time, instead of just when they have their mouse over the tab. kind of like a title i guess.

Well try this then:

A) create the labels with the information you want to show for each tab, then
B) place the labels where you want them to pop up on the tab control, all the same size and on top of each other, then
C) set the visible property of those labels to false, then
D) in the On Click event procedure for each tab code this:

Code:
Me![NameOfLabelDescriptionForTab1].visible=true
Me![NameOfLabelDescriptionForTab2].visible=false
Me![NameOfLabelDescriptionForTab3].visible=false

That should make it so that the other two tab descriptions are invisible while one is visible. Make sure that each click event for each tab represents the one label that you want to pop up when that tab is clicked. This should work perfectly for you.

If I take a peek in your Windows, to fix a problem, does that make me a "Peeping Tom"? Hmmmmmmmmmmv [pc1][shocked]

but when i put them where i want them, they are on my form detail section, not on my tab control.. and they are behind my tab control, so even if they were visible, i still wouldn't be able to see them.. would i?

My advice would be to put it right below the tabs or above the tabs. If you put it to the right it will disappear. Odd but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back