Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tab positioning in a word file

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsmiller

Programmer
Mar 4, 2004
US
I am converting document that is currently being printed to be saved as a Word (.doc) file. When printing (using the printer object), much of the horizontal positioning is set using the Printer objects TAB(xx) command to move the current location to the proper position before printing. This is nice because it insures the output lines up consistently - especially with a non-fixed width font.

When creating the Word document I don't see a comparable command to the TAB(XX) command that is available with the Printer object. I can use the Space(XX) command with the Word object but I'm afraid the spacing won't come out the same as when printed.

My question is does anyone know of a way to do tab positioning when writing to a Word file? I haven't found anything at this point in my searches. Any ideas I may not have thought of?

Thanks!

Word's Paragraph object contains a TabStops collection ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back