Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tab Order 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamloops

Programmer
May 7, 2003
CA
Hi There,

I am using Adobe Acrobat 4 and I have a pdf that I have created into a form. Is there an easy way to set the tab order. I know I can do it by clicking each field but if yiu screw up you have to start at the beginning.

Any help would be great!!

Setting tab order in Acrobat is pretty much a simple click process. There might be an Adobe JavaScript out there to help with this, but I haven't found it yet. I think you have the right idea. Simply right click the first field in the tab order, and from the resulting menu, select "Set Tab Order". Then, just click through the fields till your order is set. If you're like me and you get messed up in the process of clicking through your 100 field page, simply click the last field you left off at (say the 50th field), right click and choose "Set Tab Order" again, then hold the CTRL key down and left click that 50th field. You can then click the remaining fields from there out and they will start in the right order (51, 52, 53...)

Hope that helps.

Hi ghloid,

I am using Arobat 6.0, can you let me know how to select "Set Tab Order". I have followed your instruction above, but didn't see the option of set tab order. Thanks in advance for your help.

Go the the pages tab on your naviagtion bar. Right click the page you are trying to change. Choose Page Properties. You will see the tab order choices. Set to specific settings - left to right row by row or left to right column by column. It's really easy

- E

Hi,
Acrobat 6.0 doesn't seem to allow me to set the field tabbing order that I want. I see that it allows left to right row by row or column by column, but with a form that
groups data in boxes on two sides this ordering is unacceptable. Has anyone found a way using 6.0 to perform
field by field ordering?

Thanks
KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back