Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tab order, and tabbing to an image??

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestSide2003

Technical User
Jan 22, 2003
US
Hi,

I am using javascript to enable some auto-tabbing functionality. Basically like if you have a field on a form like account nuumber. Let's say the field is 4 characters max. After the user hits that 4th chracter, the field auto-tabs another field on the form that I specify by name.

My problem is I need to auto-tab to an image, or just tab in general. When I try to tab over, the tab skips this image. This image is not the typical image and this is why it skips over, but there must be a way to reference this image or something so I can get my autotab to jump to the image, the image acts like a submit button basically..

code is below

<SPAN name="mybutton" STYLE="position:relative; margin-top:10px; height:10px; width:50px;></SPAN>

That is the button, basically I need to find a way to tab over to this.

It would be easier if the button was <input type="image"> but I cant use that, i have to use span tag here...

Can anyone help?

-WS

use setFocus()

--------------------------
"two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do" - the unknown sage

Thanks for the help...

It lead me in the right direction..

I basically had to put an ID attribute to the anchor tag so the auto-tab would work..

It seems you can only auto tab to form elements, or links..

I could be wrong, but that was the solution....

Thanks

-WS

>> I basically had to put an ID attribute to the anchor tag

What anchor tag? You only showed us a SPAN tag!

Dan

Hi,

Yes, your right... that was my bad.. I did not post everything, not intentionally, but just didn't...

The <span> was within an anchor tag.... my fault.. next time I will be sure to post more info.

Thanks

-WS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back