Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tab Key is moving between applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBNelson

MIS
Aug 27, 2001
US
I have a Windows 95 Machine where the "Tab" key is now functioning like the "Alt+Tab" key combination and changing. I know I have see this before and fixed it a long time ago but cannot remember. I have been looking for a way to change it back but the amount of time to dig up this obscure item is getting out of hand.

Anyone know of a solution off the top of their head?

Thanks!

Well....

It seems that my definition of "Reboot your computer" and the user's definition of "Reboot your computer" are not the same (We will have to work on that).

Anyways, rebooting fixed the problem. Any ideas what could have caused this though?

Thanks!

Do an Alt+Tab, and the expected tab function should be restored. Alt has 2 functions in Windows and the Alt+Tab is the toggle.

It's also possible (and I've seen it happen quite a few times) that the Tab key is getting stuck.

It's like a little party trick - the user points out the problem, you go up behind them and hit the alt key a few times, and it is magically cured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back