Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tab Delimited and No quotes in a created export file

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowrl2644

Programmer
Apr 19, 2002
US
Have problem creating an export file from a database within Clarion 6.3 to a basic formatted file. I need a file without quotes and is tab delimited.

I have tried the following:

! With Comma Delimited and no quotes
!Export_State FILE,DRIVER('BASIC','/ALWAYSQUOTE=OFF','/ENDOFRECORD=1,13'),NAME('State'),PRE(XA),BINDABLE,CREATE

! With Tabs - But Has Quotes
!Export_State FILE,DRIVER('BASIC','/COMMA=9','/ENDOFRECORD=1,13'),NAME('State'),PRE(XA),BINDABLE,CREATE

!Export_State FILE,DRIVER('Basic','/ALWAYSQUOTE=OFF','/FIELDDELIMITER=1,64','/COMMA=9','/EndofRecord=1,13'),NAME('State'),PRE(XA),BINDABLE,CREATE

Either it is tab delimited with quotes or Comma delimited without quotes.

By the way I am using a Queue in the creation of the file and then exporting from the Queue to the basic file export.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi!

Try with a space between then ::

! With Comma Delimited and no quotes
!Export_State FILE,DRIVER('BASIC','/ALWAYSQUOTE=OFF /ENDOFRECORD=1,13'),NAME('State'),PRE(XA),BINDABLE,CREATE

! With Tabs - But Has Quotes
!Export_State FILE,DRIVER('BASIC','/COMMA=9 /ENDOFRECORD=1,13'),NAME('State'),PRE(XA),BINDABLE,CREATE

!Export_State FILE,DRIVER('BASIC','/COMMA=9 /ALWAYSQUOTE=OFF /FIELDDELIMITER=1,64 /EndofRecord=1,13'),NAME('State'),PRE(XA),BINDABLE,CREATE

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back