Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tab controls and subforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

imstuck

MIS
Sep 27, 2000
US
I have a tab control on a form that has three pages. The first page is a fact sheet, 2nd page has a subform that lists estimates and 3rd page has a subform that lists repairs. The form is based on two tables related by a studio field (primary key) with a one-to-many relationship. The join property is set to include all from the "one" table and only related items from the "many" table. The subforms have master link as the studios.studio (studios is the "one" table) and child link as studio.

My problem is that on the 1st page when scrolling through the records, it lists the studios that have entries in "many" table and lists them as many times as they are in that table, and when it comes to a studio that does not have entries in the "many" table, it produces an error that says "The Linkmasterfields property setting has produced an error: The object doesn't contain the automation object 'STUDIOS'".

I know the above is very confusing, but if someone has a clue about what I am talking about, please help! I imagine it is some sort of link problem, but I tried different variations with the linkmaster fields and it didn't seem to help. Should I be able to have a fact sheet on page 1 of a tab control and also have subforms on page 2 and 3? How can I get page 1 not to care about page 2 and 3??

Thanks for any help you can pass along!

Tab pages are considered seperate forms and linking needs to be done via code as far as I know. How are you with vbCode?

John A. Gilman
gms@uslink.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back