Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tab control with subforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulieS

MIS
Nov 23, 2000
CA
I have a form with a tab control. The main form is on tab A, and the second tab's form (tab B) is related to A.

The problem is that tab C and D are related to tab B.

However, I am unable link them on the parent/child fields because it only gives me tab A data to pick from.

I tried creating the subforms for tab C and D on tab B and then cutting and pasting them to tab C and D, but now on open, the form asks me for the tab B ID.

Any other suggestions?

Hi JulieS ,
Maybe you should not put the main form only on a tab A, but make it a real mainform (bound to table A), then put subform B on a tab and make sure it is correctly linked with the main form. Go from there...

Pampers - [afro]

you're neven too young to learn

Thanks Pampers,
I tried that, but when I go to tab C (the subform that needs to link to subform B which is linked to form A), it only lists the parent fields as those of A, not B which I need.
Should I give real examples, or is this ABC stuff ok?

Hi JullieS
I think it is not a problem that the required Link-field is not in the list. You can type the link manualy, and refer to the form . Here is the code from formC (on tabC)to refer to BID for form B (on tabB). Maybe this helps.

Code:
Link CHild Field = BID
Link Master Field = [formB].Form![BID]

Pampers - [afro]

you're neven too young to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back