Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T7406E Sleep Mode Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
Anyone ever find out if there is an issue with a batch of T7406E phones going to sleep and not waking up.
I've had 3 now and the only way to wake them up is by resetting the battery. All 3 are Avaya branded I thought there was an issue but I cannot find any bulletin on it.

The Avaya branded phones have had different firmware and this has caused problems with some headsets.

I don't have the user guide for the T7406, but read the attached guide for a Avaya 7208 in the link below.

What is interesting is that the only compatible phone system it can be used on is an IP Office!.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Not sure which batches and never did see a bulletin.

There is however 2 firmware files for download but you need the kit to upgrade the sets.
The firmware last I recall had no readme or docs as to what it fixed or what its for.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Found this in PSN004555u.

"...the newer Avaya Branded T7406E phones will only wakeup, if you press the 2,5,8 or Feature Keys. The telephone firmware has not changed between the Nortel Branded and the Avaya Branded telephones."

According to the PSN no firmware changes only the AVAYA on the front of the phone. I guess that lettering changed how the phone operates.

Well the old printing for Nortel was black and now its Red for Avaya so you could be right.

"The Avaya 7406E Digital Mobile Handset User Guide and the T7406E Cordless Handset Quick Reference Card are being updated to
include this process"

Smash head on brick wall

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back