Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T7406e questions and issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey101

MIS
Apr 24, 2009
CA
It has been a real long time since I worked on a Norstar. I have 2 T7406e sets and 1 base station. I registered one set and tested it fine. I registered the second set and it had said no ksu resource or something like that. I made sure they were both on 2 different ports 1 and 3 and then found that the first set deregistered itself. Of course the customer said they were both working fine before the batteries died....lol.

I just want to first make sure you can have 2 sets working off of 1 base station and would it need more than 1 port from the norstar cics for it as I was told both sets were extension 34. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need a port off of the Norstar for each phone. The base will handle upto 3 ports/phones. Note the wiring is weird and depends on the wiring standard you use.

RJ45 jack Wiring T7406e Base Station
Handset 568B 568A
1 W/O, O/W W/G, GW
2 G/W, B/W O/W, B/W
3 W/B, G/W W/B, G/W
4 W/BR, BR/W W/BR, BR/W

Marv ccna

You can also read the T7406E Cordless Handset Installation and Configuration Guide winch is downloadable from Avaya....page 53 for the diagram.

If I recall as one tip, you only need to send the ss code from the first handset and not the rest.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back