Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T7316e programming like a T7316 on a BCM450 R6??? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpickerell

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2004
US
I just went though replacing several older M7208 phones with T7316e phones on our BCM50 R6 system at one of our buildings. No problems (except one of the "T7316e" phones was actually a T7316 and found out how funky they program!).

Moving on to another building where we have a BCM 450 R6 system and wanting to do the same thing in replacing several older M7208 (and a couple M7310) with some T7316e sets. First one I try is the building secretary and for some reason I can't program buttons 1-4 or 13-16 (the top 8 buttons) for anything! I've been using Element Manager up to this point. I then try to manually program those buttons on the phone itself using F *3 (and F with some feature code). No go!

I then do some investigating using F*0 and see that what I programmed for button 1 in Element Manager (top-left most button) is actually programming to button 9 (forth button up from bottom left). That almost seems to be programming like a T7316 instead of T7316e! Except, I can't program buttons 1-4 and 13-16 for anything) and the phone is definitely a T7316e as it is labeled that way on the bottom of the phone, it has the middle handsfree button between headset and mute buttons/under the volume rocket, and it is showing as anT7316e in Element Manager. This particular set looks a little different than any other T7316e that I have seen as the Release, Feature and Hold buttons are slightly larger and are labeled as Release, Feature, and Hold in white text printed on the phone body right next to the buttons. (PN is NT8B27JABWE6/N0074351/REL 01/"2008/07"). So I tried another set and had the same result. 2nd set looked like the other T7316e (PN NT8B27JANAE6/N0163084/REL 02/"2011/02"). Tried both with an expansion T24 and without on both, same result.

I'm at a loss, any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Thanks!
Jared

The T7316 sets show up and program like 7310 sets. These models didn't last very long but there are still a few out there.

Download this "button mapping" and "programming buttons/template" for M7310, T7316 & T7316e.

Under the sets you will find:
Model: MXXXX or TXXXX or TXXXXe
NTXXXXXX = The Part #
NTTXXXXX = The serial #

Using the "Button programming Table" tab?
Try the next tab "Button Programming" as it will show the picture of the phone plus the button number, click on a button to change it.
You may need to change the set type with the drop down menu top left, so if it shows a picture of an M7310 but it's actually a T7316 then change it to T7316.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

curlycord,
When I had gone (haven't had chance to look at today and didn't go in over the weekend to look at any) to "Button Programming" tab, all I could see as an option was the T7316e as that is what the BCM detected both phones as. No option to select T7316 or M7310.

Brian,
Guess it could be possible? Though the BCM detects them as T7316e... Is it possible to have some T7316 parts internally (and other T7316e) and be picked up by BCM as a T7316e?

I'll have to test the hands free buttons again to make sure, but I had thought those were working (as should if T7316e)?

Not sure if today or not but will have to do some more testing. I have several of the T7316e sets left from the box that we got that I was pulling sets from for the prior BCM50 swaps. I'll try one or two sets from those at this location. Can't imagine that more than one or two from that box (were 8+ worked fine at the BCM50 location) would be defective and cause this issue for this DN at the BCM450 location??

I'll also try these sets at another extension on the BCM 450 and see if same result. Have a jack in the tech office that previously had a T7208 (I think that is what is was) configured on it.

Also, one last bit of info should it have any relevance.... The phone I am replacing at the secretary's location is a M7310. Even though BCM is detecting the nee phone as T7316e, no way it could somehow have some config "stuck" as the orig M7310 is there???

Thanks everyone for your ideas!

Will update you after have time to go and test a little further.

Jared

-Test the handsfree button, or see if it's on the lower right

-Does Active Sets/Line Access tab also show those sets as T7316e?

-When viewing Button Programming list you can only change the set type if there are other variations of that set, in the case of T7316e there is no other variation, it's in it's own class. When you have an M7310 or T7316 then you would be able to change it since they both share some of the boards elements to have the same programming.
The BCM see's them as both being the same thing and why you have an option to change it.

"I then try to manually program those buttons on the phone itself using F *3 (and F with some feature code). No go!"
What is the exact symptom to make you say 'no go'?
Will F*X let you go through all the motions but when you do F*0 nothing took? shows as blank button?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

curycord,

Apologies, should have clarified those items from the start, my bad!

1) HF middle grey button (below volume rocker) works. Bottom-right-most button is an Intercom button (as should be on a T7316e).
2) When I said it was showing up as a T7316e in BEM, I was looking at the Active Sets page/Line access tab/model column (as well as Button Programming tab).
3) Yes correct, as BCM is detecting it as a T1316e, Button Programming tab only shows that option since it is it's own "class" of phone.
4) On the set programming "no go", what you stated is correct. I can program a button and display says "Programmed", (what should be buttons 1-4/ 13-16), but after, the button is still what it was before programming (as seen by pushing the button or doing a F*0 button inquiry on it). Wat "should" be buttons 1 and 2 on a T7316e are showing as "Feature" (with no feature code and not letting me change them, any attempt to program says "Programmed" but doesn't "stick") and 3-4/13-16 are blank.

Same T7316e set plugged into another digital set port works just fine. I can program the 1-4/13-16 buttons no problem). Trying another 3rd T7316e (from the box that was using at the BCM50 site just fine) at this secretary port, gives same result of not being able to program what should be 1-4 and 13-16 manually on phone/button 1 programmed through BEM going to what would be button 1 on a T7316.

Makes me think there has to be something configured strange/differently on this particular set that is keeping it from getting programmed as a T7316e that is carrying across to any phone I am plugging in???

If anything else I can provide or answer or include screenshot or picture, let me know. I'm really stumped!

Thanks for the help!!!

Try doing a copy from a working 7316e on a working port. Maybe that will jar it loose to see the 7316e.

Marv ccna

I think you are trying to say you have a flaky port?

I dont know about BCM but on Norstar, plugging in an x7208 phone would reset it sometimes.

Also try and disable then re-enable the port in resources.
Try a reboot too.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Yes, "flaky port"! Problem now fixed!

Copying from working T7316e didn't work. Neither did plugging in a M7308 or disabling and re-enabling port (didn't even know I could do that, learned something! First time seeing a set say "Maintenance"!).

Reboot of the BCM450 did the trick, thanks!!!!

Curlycord, also thanks for that "button mapping" graphic, that is useful! FYI, the "programming buttons/template" link went to the same "button mapping" graphic, didn't know if you meant to link to a separate file?

FYI, one more bit of strangeness before I sign off. It apparently was ONLY buttons 1 and 2 that were programming onto buttons 12 and 13 (like a T7316). Buttons 9-11 and 14-16, as well as 17-24 were accepting proper programming (but 1-4, and 5-8 (had 5-8 wrong in my earlier posts) on the top of the phone were still not programming as I stated).

Thanks!
Jared

Glad it works now.

I took two graphics, merged them, then added my own text and green/red lines.
Something I was meaning to do...for a long time.

The bottom engineering link was not working for me, latest chrome...blank page so I put it on my own site.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back