Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T7316E phones - turn off flashing lite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exsmogger

Vendor
Oct 23, 2002
US
A customer has lines appear only on a T7316E, MICS R7.1. On incoming calls the led flashes even though no lines are programmed to ring. Is there any way to stop the flashing on incoming calls? Thanks.

Brian Cox

that's the whole point of having lines "APPEAR" they will show on the phone, the only way to have them not flash is to unasign them if you make them ring only, they will not flash but you'll hear them ring when a call comes in.

I should have been more specific. I know the LCD's will still flash on appear only. I was referring to the red LED also used for message waiting. The red LED flashes on incoming calls even when lines are set to appear only. Can this be turned off as the customer doesn't like it.

Brian Cox

When these phones came out i too had a hard time explaining to the customer - that a blinking light is part of the visual Appr only

Usually customers going from M series to T series love that LED, but I can see where that could be confusing if they've got their ringer turned way down. Maybe Nortel is listening, and can program a workaround in the next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back