Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T7316 Solid Light Stays On

Status
Not open for further replies.

tertel

Technical User
Oct 31, 2002
US
I have a customer with 2 T7316's experiencing the same problem. The light on the phones are on as solid red. There are no messages (have also done #65). Have disabled the phones and when re-enabled the lights go off but come back on about 1 week later. Have repunched them on the 66 block and same thing, lights go off for about a week and then come back on. The wiring has been checked and it is fine. It is always the same two phones and other than that they are working fine. Does anyone have any ideas on how to finally stop this.

Thanks,

Sorry I did F#65 and the system responded with no messages. It is an MICS with POTS lines running 5.0 software.

Are going to try that on Monday. Won't know if that works for about a week or two since it takes that long for the problem to happen again.

I have had the same problem before. I replaced the wiring and then made sure the pair 3 and 6 are not connected to the phone. That solved the problem for me. Try a 2 conductor cable from the jack to the phone instead of 4 conductor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back