Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T7213+KIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

penroy

MIS
Feb 12, 2006
JM
I have a T7213+KIM connected to a BCM 200 rls 4. Currently on the KIM the extension within the office configured.The problem we are having is that when the users are on their extension the status does not show on the KIM.However if u press the extension Keys on the KIM it dials the extension without any problem. Any suggestion will much be appreciated

penroy, I'm guessing you're talking about a T7316. Try assigning the same extension to the same key on the phone itself rather than the sidecar to see if the busy indication works. If so, I'd suspect a bad display on the T24. You might make sure all patches are loaded to get the latest firmware, reboot the bhone the sidecar lives on, and/or reboot the BCM.

Yes, I assigned it in the programing.I will try your suggestion Oldestgeek and let you know how it goes.

I have tried your suggestion oldestgeek and we were able to see the status of the user.

So it works on the phone but not on the side car? That would make me suspect the side car is bad. You could also have a distance/power issue. You might try it on a phone closer to the system. If it works there you may have to add a SAP.

Oldestgeek, thanks for the input I will try your suggestion,however pardon my ignorance but what is a SAP.

It's an auxilliary power supply (Station Auxilliary Power) that can be connected at the phone or in the phone room to boost the current on long wire runs. The longer the run, the fewer modules that can be supported on a port without one. If there is cable degradation due to several splices or high-resistance opens you may need one on shorter runs or you may need to run a new cable. One trick I've used on long runs is to use two pairs to decrease the resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back